Booking Speaking or Consulting Engagements
To book Josh Levs, contact: email@example.com
Groups and individuals can also book webinars with Levs via Geniecast.
Building An All In Workplace
Through consulting, top global expert Josh Levs helps companies update policies and cultures to allow gender equal caregiving, a necessity for gender equal leadership.
Businesses are struggling with the question: Why don’t we have more women in our upper ranks? One of the most crucial answers is also the least known: because of inequalities in how men and women are treated as caregivers.
The Mad Men era still clouds over the workplace. It’s the source of laws, policies, and stigmas that act as gender
police, pushing women to stay home and men to stay at work. Women and men want to change this. But men have largely been silent about it — until now.
Through consulting arrangements, Levs lays out the business case for supporting men and women as equal caregivers. He shows why employers are losing billions of dollars annually in employee retention, and why American men are even more likely than women to switch jobs or careers for work-life balance. With an unmatched understanding of hard data, he shows the solutions proven to increase profits.
A New York Times front-page story called him a “pioneer.” Forbes said he can lead corporations “to rethink an anti-dad culture.” The United Nations named him a Global Gender Champion, and the Financial Times named him one of the “Top Ten Male Feminists.” See news coverage.
Levs’ consulting work includes:
- Talks for global staffs — This is often the first step. (For example, see his Talk at Google, first broadcast internally to employees.)
- Policy development — Levs works with HR and D&I teams to create best policies and practices that support men as equal caregivers. These include paid family leave, medical recovery leave, flexibility, and more. (See his article in The Atlantic on problematic “primary caregiver” policies.)
- Policy implementation — The corporate world is filled with examples of companies announcing family-friendly policies, only to find that they fail or backfire a year or two later. Levs helps make policies succeed for everyone.
- Culture change — Even more important than policies are workplace cultures that make them a reality. Top-down managerial training, employee engagement efforts and new retention analyses are also necessary. Levs orchestrates a unique plan for each institution based on its needs.
- Legal workshops — Businesses don’t realize their legal liability. Equal caregiving isn’t just a good idea, it’s the law. (And as Levs explained in a Time article, men now file 28% of caregiving cases.) In workshops for corporate legal teams, Levs maps out the landscape.
- Four-stage roundtables — Creating All In environments also requires freeing employees to discuss and address work-life challenges together. For men, this goes against conditioning they’ve received since they were boys about how they’re “supposed” to act. Through a roundtable system, Levs transforms thinking and establishes new dialogue.
- #HeForShe and ‘Manbassador’ programs — The United Nations “pinned” Levs as a leader of the #HeForShe movement. (He discussed it when winning a debate at Oxford.) This and so-called “Manbassador” programs are designed to bring men into gender diversity initiatives in new ways. Levs helps establish them and set benchmarks, with follow-ups throughout a year.
- Marketing to modern families — Levs’ expertise includes busting myths about marketing to modern families and the purchasing power of today’s fathers. Businesses are missing out on tens of millions of potential customers and clients due to popular misunderstandings.